Attention all foodies!
I have been known to take at least 35mins when deciding what to order for dinner. I have also been known to order from at least 4 different places around Sydney just to get a taste of each of my favourite dishes.
If you’re anything like me your your taste buds will be dancing when you take them on a global journey at Centennial Park and experience the best of Sydney’s dining scene, indulge in an impressive collection of award winning, highly regarded restaurants – all in the one place! Now that’s my idea of heaven.
Bring a friend, bring the family, take a master class, enjoy the live music and best of all EAT!
Taste of Sydney isn’t new. Actually, the first Taste was held in London, UK with just one event over 10 years ago. Since then, Taste has rapidly grown to become part of the social season for foodies, restaurant lovers and wine connoisseurs, in 24 different cities around the globe.
Wherever it is in the world, Taste represents foodie heaven: stunning food prepared in the city’s greatest restaurants, world-famous chefs, superb drinks and outstanding entertainment, set in picturesque outdoor surroundings. Taste is really part of a global movement of festivals, with the most recent additions being in Paris and Perth.
From rare Arctic Fish, to Texas Style Smoked Pork Belly; White Chocolate and Caramel Popsicles to Citrus and Cinnamon soft serve, Taste of Sydney in partnership with Electrolux is showcasing the cutting edge of global culinary trends with this year’s exclusive mouth-watering menus.
Each Restaurant will serve a select pick of their classic dishes, Festival exclusives and an inventive icon dish – the must-eat menu items that truly represent the restaurant.
Here are just some of the highlights:
– Saké Restaurant and Bar’s icon dish is Glacier 51 Toothfish – a protected fish only supplied to the finest venues in Sydney. This may be your only chance EVER to try what is now being called “the ultimate fish”. Saké Restaurant and Bar will also be cooking up steamed prawn dumplings and wagyu beef gyoza.
– The Cut will be dishing up slow braised Szechuan beef short-rib with tamarind BBQ sauce.
– Jonah’s will be representing the North side with their spanner crab salad with cos, papaya, avocado, ginger and lime.
– MoVida, meanwhile, are charcoaling Pinchitos Morunos – Flinders Island lamb marinated in Moorish spices.
– Popolo will be serving their famous Purple Potato Gnocchi with mixed mushrooms, chili, pinenuts, and salted dried ricotta showcase the best of Italy’s pasta diversity. Leave it to French bistro Ananas to create a wickedly delicious bake of organic vegetarian celery gratin, pickled black walnuts, and Granny Smith apples.
For lovers of the subcontinent there’s newcomer BANG Street Food’s Dal Puri of fried roti, spiced lentils, and black mustard seed yoghurt (can’t wait to try this one).
Those with a sweet tooth will not be disappointed! Otto Ristorante will be serving up Tiramisu Ice Cream with marsala jelly, coffee soaked savoiardi biscuits and cocoa nuib tuile. Whilst 4Fourteen have a White Chocolate & Caramel Popsicle with dark chocolate crumbs.
Gastronomes can buy tickets now to descend on Centennial Park from Thursday 12 to Sunday 15 March, 2015. With over 50 dishes on show, create your dream degustation menu from 18 of Sydney’s latest, greatest elite restaurants.
WHAT: Taste of Sydney 2015 in partnership with Electrolux
WHEN: Thurs 12 – Sun 15 March
WHERE: Centennial Park, Sydney
TICKETS: On sale from through Ticketek Australia – www.ticketek.com.au/tasteofsydney
Look forward to reporting back,